Reading Round-Up is an end of the month recap of my reading life, including books read, reading stats, and reading challenge updates! It’s just an easy way for me to track my reading life!
So I had big plans for July. I had a huge stack of books and a lot of blog posts to write.
And THEN I woke up one morning with major tooth pain. Surprise! Apparently my wisdom teeth decided that the week before my summer ended was the perfect time to wreck havoc in my mouth. So I had to schedule an emergency wisdom tooth removal. Thankfully there was an opening at the end of the same week . It was my first surgery of any kind so I was a lot nervous, but I survived. I also learned I don’t do too well with pain meds.
Naturally my surgery occurred the afternoon before the #24in48 readathon weekend. I still managed to read 23 hours (okay, so most of it was actually audio listening as the pain meds made it VERY difficult to look at words on a page). The pain and general crap feeling lasted longer that I thought it would but all is okay now.
This past weekend was a nerdy Drum Corp marching band weekend with my brother. He came over here and we went to two shows in two days. I also helped him shop for furniture for his new apartment. We just had a great weekend, and it was a great way to spend my final weekend of summer.
This week I go back to work. My third year in a school is about to be in full swing. I am very excited about the outlook of this year and all of the cool plans I have. So here’s to a new school year!
Total Books Read in July: 19!
- Queer There and Everywhere by Sarah Prager
- Legend by Marie Lu (reread)
- Prodigy by Marie Lu (reread)
- Champion by Marie Lu
- Cleopatra in Space Vol 4: The Golden Lion by Mike Maihack
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace
- Goldie Vance Vol 1 by Hope Larson, illustrated by Brittney Williams
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (audiobook)
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (audiobook)
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- The Stone Heart by Faith Erin Hicks
- Lumberjanes Vol. 4 by Noelle Stevenson, illustrated by Grace Ellis
- Born A Crime by Trevor Noah (audiobook)
- Lumberjanes Vol. 5 by Noelle Stevenson, illustrated by Shannon Watters
- Lumberjanes Vol. 6 by Shannon Watters, illustrated by Cat Leyh
- Brave by Svetlana Chmakova
- The Walking Dead Vol. 26 by Robert Kirkman, illustrated by Charlie Adlard
- The Walking Dead Vol. 27 by Robert Kirkman, illustrated by Charlie Adlard
- Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (audiobook)
Favorites of the Month:
Reading by the Numbers (This Month):
Total Books: 19 (10 Fiction, 2 Nonfiction, 6 Comics, 1 Poetry :: 15 books, 4 audio)
Total Pages Read: 3293 pages
Total Minutes Listened: 60 hours, 2 minutes
Diverse Authors: 8/19
International Authors: 6/19 (UK, Canada, South Africa, Russia)
Diverse Characters: 14/19
Mental Health/Disability: 0/19 Mental Health , 3/19 Disability
Total Reading Percentages For The Year:
Diverse Authors: 50.6 % POC/LGBTQ+ (Goal: 35%)
International Authors: 25.3% (Goal: 20%)
Diverse Characters: 77.6 %
POC: 57.9 %
Mental Health/Disability: 15.8% / 10.5%